24 March 2014

Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette - Review and Swatches

Hello!!!

I was lucky enough to receive the Urban Decay Naked Basics palette for Christmas last year, I wanted this palette 1. because it was all matte (apart form 1) and 2. because it was neutral, and I'm a sucker for neutral eye shadows.


I am super impressed with this, using this palette was the first time I had ever tried any of Urban Decays's eye shadows and I am thoroughly in love with them!
In this palette their are six neutral eye shadows five of which are matte and the lightest shade  is a shimmer. These eye shadows are super soft and blend amazingly well together and with other eye shadows, these are really pigmented and you only need a small amount of shadow on your brush to create great colour payoff.
The packaging is small, thin and compact so its perfect for traveling and on the inside lid there is a decent sized mirror, the lock is secure and I have no worry of it ever coming open.
I use these eye shadows on a daily basis to create simple eye looks for college etc but I love to use Faint as a crease colour for my more evening and going out looks. I also love using Venus as an inner corner highlight as it really brightens up my eyes.

Here are swatches of the eye shadows...


From left to right...
Venus, Foxy, W.O.S (walk of shame), Naked 2, Faint and Crave

The shades Foxy and W.O.S don't really show up on my skin but I still use them often as a base for a neutral look and to neutralize my dark eyelids.

Overall I am extremely pleased with this palette and the quality of the eye shadows and I since using this palette I have brought the Naked 3 palette ( keep a look out for a review of that soon!)

This retails for £22 and you buy it here

Teresa x

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. it certainly does :) they are perfect x

      Delete
  2. This is one of my all time favourite palettes, I just love it! The shades are all gorgeous aren't they? xxx

    Gemma | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are :) its certainly worked its way up to my favourite quite quickly after trying it xx

      Delete

I read every single comment and will try to reply as soon as possible :) There is no word verification when you comment here either!